- How can I talk to someone about financial literacy?
You can schedule an appointment with a Smart Money Peer counselor on Orange Success or request a workshop or presentation at any time. Here are the guidelines for requesting programming. Lastly, you may also reach out to us with all questions, concerns, and queries by emailing us at email@example.com
- What can Financial Literacy do for me?
By teaching fundamental personal financial skills like budgeting, saving, credit, and debt management, Smart Money helps bring more clarity and certainty to both your immediate and long-term future. The program empowers you to:
- Gain essential skills with the Financial Foundations workshop series
- Meet one-on-one with a Peer Counselor to better understand your personal finances
- Learn how to budget and balance long-term goals against short-term needs
- Management your credit and avoid common pitfalls
- Replace loan debt with grant funding through the Money Awareness Program
- Who is eligible to meet with a Smart Money Peer counselor? With Financial Literacy?
We meet with nearly everyone! Undergraduate students, graduate students, Syracuse Alumni, and families are all welcome to take advantage of our completely free services.
- Where are you located at SU?
We are physically a part of the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarship Programs on the 2nd Floor of Bowne Hall. Although we cannot accommodate physical drop-in hours right now, we strongly encourage you to reach out via email for more information about when you can come in.
- What can I do right now to start my financial wellness journey?
We highly recommend that you take a look at some of our free online resources to get you started on your journey. Give them a try on your own and then schedule to meet with a smart money peer counselor for further review and clarification. We also host events each semester that are open to the public and strongly encourage you to come to check them out whenever you are able!