Although institutional scholarships and grants make up a large portion of many financial aid awards, student and parent loans can also help you meet your education costs. Personalized loan counseling is available — particularly at graduation time, and every effort is made to keep debt levels manageable.

Several fixed-interest loans are available to assist you and your parents with the cost of college. Some are based on financial need, and all loans take into consideration the cost of attendance and any other sources of financial aid being received.

Educational Loans

Federal Subsidized and Unsubsidized Loans in Offer Status

Starting in the 2023-2024 academic year, the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarship Programs will award all federal subsidized and unsubsidized loans (undergraduate and graduate) in offer status. Students must take action on their student loan offer by following the instructions below.

Note: Your federal student loan will not be considered anticipated aid until you have accepted the loan in MySlice and completed any federal loan requirements.


Login to MySlice, select the Financial Aid tile, select the aid year, and click the Accept/Decline tab at the top of the page. Click the Edit button towards the top left corner to make any type of adjustment to your loan(s).

To Accept:  Select the option to Accept the loan, review your selection, and then hit Submit.

To Reduce:  Check the box indicating Reduce, enter the amount of the loan you would like to receive, review your selection, and then hit Submit.

  • Please note: If you are enrolled for the academic year, the amount you enter will be split evenly between the fall semester and the spring
  • You cannot enter an amount higher than the amount that was offered to you.

To Decline: Select the option to Decline the loan, review your selection, and then hit Submit.

Federal student loan funding will only show as anticipated aid on your Bursar bill if you have accepted the loan amounts and completed the loan requirements.

If you have reduced or declined your loan, and you would like to reinstate your loans at any time during the academic year, please email your Financial Aid counselor to request loan reinstatement.

First-Time Federal Loan Borrowers:

If you have accepted your loan funds or accepted a reduced loan amount, you will need to complete Loan Entrance Counseling and a Master Promissory Note.