Student Employment

Federal Work-Study (FWS) is a part-time employment program. Students can work on- or off-campus, and wages vary depending on the position.

Federal Work-Study

  • Work-study eligibility is awarded based on your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) data and on funding availability.
  • The Federal Work-Study (FWS) award represents the amount that may be earned through a work-study job.
  • FWS is not credited directly to the student tuition account;  instead, you work at the job’s hourly rate and receive a weekly paycheck for hours worked.
  • The money earned may be used for personal living expenses (supplies, food, etc.)
  • Students can contact the ’Cuse Works office for assistance finding an on-campus job or by joining Handshake

What if I don’t have Federal Work-Study?

You do not need to have Federal Work-Study award to work while at Syracuse. There are a number of non-work-study positions available both on- and off-campus.